Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Barrio Cafe


We had such a lovely evening here. We stopped on a fortunate last minute fluke, stumbled in, and were helped very willingly by the staff. The hostess was great, and our server...really great! Catering so nicely to our very limited, and very specific dietary needs with the nicest smile on his face the entire time with his eager to please..."your wish is my command" demeanor. I ordered the Mushroom Enchiladas with no cheese. Upon bringing out my plate he explained the few little extra touches that were added to make MY plate still special, even without cheese.
Dont expect to rely on beans and rice either..a Latin food restaurant without beans and rice you say? It is true, though it was not missed and it gave it a charm of its own.
Another out of the ordinary concept was chips and...tapanade? WOW. I could not get enough. I believe that was my favorite item that crossed our table that night.
Of course I am so nosy when I go out. Trying to catch glimpses of other peoples food while not looking like I am gawking. Then I finally get to the point where I give up and am actually discussing their food with them because I end up not being so discreet. Thank goodness for good sports. So to the point, the plates full of meat and cheese looked full and amazing. I plan on going back and indulging when my vegan month is over.

Pepper Stuffed with Steamed Veggies. (Also made V)



Barrio Cafe on Urbanspoon


Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment