Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Loving Hut

Our first trip to this 100% Vegan Restaurant.
Yes, I know this is not in Central Phoenix. But anyone who eats Vegan knows that this city is sorely lacking in Vegan choices as far as Restaurants and Bakeries go. For a city with so much happening, it is really taking a turn for the better. But, I will say I hope there are more Vegan friendly options (please give me some Vegan Pastries!) headed our way!

When we first walked in I was getting a little nervous at the fact that it felt a little too Kyoto Bowl for me. But over-all we were loving the food!

Heres what we got:
Chai
Pink Lady, I really loved the Rose Petals

It was taking a little long to get our drinks. But the little old Asian lady bringing us our food was so polite, how can you be mad.

They brought out a bowl of soup at the beginning of our meal.

Our Appetizer, Stuffed Fried Wontons. They tasted almost like pork! Full of flavor. We enjoyed.

My AMAZING soup dish. The "meat" was surprisingly good. The broth and the veggies are great and I especially liked the sea vegetable that resembled tripe.

The Hamburger! Very tasty comforting treat..

Are you sure this is not real shrimp? It was hard to tell this was not the real thing. The panko crumbles on top were good but a little on the salty side (coming from someone who loves super salty food), but that did not ruin this dish.


And for Dessert...

Fried Bananas..

..and Carrot cake. Just looking at this picture makes me crave the very creamy "cream cheese" icing on the top. My only complaint with the icing was that it needed more. The cake was moist and delicious. The carrots were a little stringy. When you take a bite the carrots just string out of your mouth, it makes it a little weird. But it was really good.



Loving Hut - Vegan Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment