Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Americas Taco Shop

It finally opened! Americas Taco Shop on 7th Avenue. We, of course, have been to the 7th Street shop, but this is nice and close. Seeing one restaurant right after another try their hand at making a success of a restaurant at this little corner house was painful. In the last 4 years we've seen a pizza place, a Thai place, an overpriced African food place. But I am so glad to see this place, an already established success, go in. This is the perfect spot. Busy corner, great price, and deliciously great food! Welcome to the neighborhood! And I must say that I’m so glad to live in a neighborhood that houses places like Two Hippies, Postino, DaVang, Maize’s, Lola’s, St. Frances and Americas Taco Shop. I don’t feel that these places even threaten each other but are an asset to each other. We live in….."The Independant Restaurant District".



(my half eaten burrito...because I forgot to snap a shot prior to chowing down)

We all pretty much got the same thing. Our own variations of the bean and cheese burrito. Mine was the bean and cheese burrito with guac and pico. I was dreaming about it for the next few days.

 My husband cant stay away from the small $3 bottle of Coke. Yes, it is imported from Mexico (its only one country away). Okay, okay, I end up downing half of it. It is much tastier than the US made corn Syrup-ey Coke.

One thing I was excited about is that they have corn. Yes, corn-on-the-cob with all the fixin’s. Cheese, lime, chili. On my last visit, I did get the corn. It could use some improvement, and I wont get it again until then. Its almost like they blandly boil it, no salt, and serve it luke warm, so its kinda cool, mushy corn. All of us got the corn and were disappointed at the temperature it was served. Please...throw those suckers on the grill with some salt and pepper, and THEN add the shmears! But, overall, it was great nonetheless. It is most definitely worth a stop.
Americas Taco Shop
SE Corner of 7th Avenue and Campbell.

Update 2/19/10
They have just added outside seating to the 7th Ave Restaurant. What a nice place to sit. The owner says he is still working on the outside patio. Sounds like it will be similar to the 7th Street store.

America's Taco Shop on Urbanspoon

America's Taco Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment