Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sapna Cafe on Grand Ave

I read about this place somewhere. A little food stand that began at the Central Phoenix Farmers Market and now is its own free standing reastaurant located in the old Bragg's Pie Factory right on the slim corner of Grand Ave and McKinley St. (1301 W Grande Ave to be exact). My husband tried it and and said we HAVE to go back to sit for breakfast. He had tried the Tofu Scramble to-go and said the dish was amazing.
So one morning off we went. We got there a little after 8 and we had to knock on the door to get in. (opened at 8 that day) We were the only ones in there for breakfast..although it was during the week. We ordered. It was a simple menu and sometimes simple menu's are the best, it does not overwhelm. Although, there was still a great selection, and I had a little difficulty deciding. I chose the baked eggs in a spicy tomato sauce and my husband once again chose the Tofu Scramble.
It took a few min to get our food, even to get our beverages...I think we caught her by surprise. Perhaps she doesnt have to much business for breakfast during the week, although we didnt mind. Once I got my coffee, which happened to be really good, we sipped and chatted till our breakfast came.



Turns out the Tofu Scramble my husband talked about was just as amazing as he said and the roasted veggies that came with it were even better. WOW! And as for my Eggs....

I heart that dish, I am in LOVE with everything about it. The runny yolks, the spicy thick tomato sauce, mmm and some nice thick grilled toast. I am a huge fan of tomato anything, though, and that was the perfect flavor.
I have been reading other blogs about some of her other dishes and I have got to go back for the Seafood Paella!
Check it out on Facebook.

Sapna's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment