Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PIZZA! At the Parlor

This is my second post and notice both are about PIZZA! And I can tell you it will not be the last. There is just something about pizza, especially when it has been fired in the brick oven and it gets that brown bubbly crust that even has a few charred spots from the fire....and the tasy mozzerella that bubbles over the crust with whatever toppings you chose roasting perfectly atop the pie. (Ready for pizza?)
What a great garden this guy has at the entrance of the restaurant. If the weather is nice try the patio. There is a fireplace to warm it on cooler nights. But the beauty of our city, is that we often have gorgeous evening patio dining weather. And thank goodness the delicious cuisine to match it.



The reclaimed wood that decorates the walls adds a very nice rustic feel. I dont currently see the squash blossoms on the menu, perhaps its seasonal, but try them when they come back around. The cauliflower was divine, the beet salad was great and I don't remember the white wine I selected but I asked for a sample of the Tocai and I adored it and was sorry I did not get that. It will be my choice for my next visit. It was perfect with our variety of appetizers. We enjoyed good company and chatted it up with the Chef. Then our pizza came and exceded expectations. We have even returned with family since our first visit.

Mozz, Arugula, and Procuitto
The Parlor Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment