Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 25, 2010

PIZZA-A-METRO

A friend of mine told me this is their favorite pizza in all the valley. I had never heard of this place so I was surprised that it was so close to the area we live in. She did mention that we should definitely take it to go, as this is a tiny restaurant and that there is not much ambience.
So, we went with the thought of possibly doing just that, but we wanted to survey the surroundings with an opened mind before we made any hasty decisions.
Yes, as she said, it was a tiny restaurant we easily could have missed (and most likely have multiple times), squeezed into a small plaza. Once in the little place we decided to stay. It was actually pretty cute in there.
The kitchen was busy with cooks and one waiter attending to the guests. We laughed at the thought that this place, with about 6 tables, was packed!
An amazing appetizer is placed on your table, unless you order pizza (but it doesn't hurt to ask).

The bread was AMAZING. The spread was some sort of caramelized onions and olives.  We  decided on the prosciutto and Arugula Pizza.

This turned out to be some very good pizza. I will, however, say that the arugula was not fresh on the pizza, and sort of a yellowing, and old, and I ended up pulling it off. OO If only it had been fresh, how I love arugula. But that will not stop us from coming back. Overall we had a great dinner.
Oh and did I mention you can get an entire meter of pizza that gets baked in the brick oven? Would be a great one for your next dinner party.
Check it out. 


UPDATE 2/17/10  Meter Pizza

With friends we ordered the Meter of Pizza. We once again got the Prosciutto and Arugula. And to my dismay, I watched him clump on the arugula. At the house I examined the pizza, and the arugula was slimy clumps of rotten mush. How disgusting and disappoining. STAY AWAY FROM THE ARUGULA. I wish I had said something before we walked out the door.
After my last visit I emailed the retaurant explaining my complaint. I did not hear back from them. This time I think I may call and complain. Ugh!! How gross!
2 for 2 on the bad arugula.

Pizza a Metro on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. PaM is one of my favorite phoenix pizza spots. It's up there with Bianco's in my book. It has a real authentic feel and the appetizer breach and onion spread is awesome! I'm sad to hear you didn't get good arugula. I've had that pizza twice before and both times the arugula was great. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete