Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Speaking of Lola's...

With unfortunate times, Lola Tapas did not make it and I am sad for that. We ate there about 3 times, and always enjoyed the evening. It was an experience...community tables, dim lighting, exotic Spanish women serving tables, great nibbles, good Sangria, and the smell of freshly brewed espresso. Yes, it was enjoyable. However, in doing so, I sat back and asked myself why am I paying $9-$15ea for a selection of tiny plates of food, and, yes, that is crazy! It was a novelty, but an expensive night out for a small amount of food. Perhaps that was a contributing culprit, along with the growing surrounding competition, such as my favorite, St. Francis, where I can get a large, very delicious plate of food for $13.
Now this building, once flowing with Spanish wine and Tapas, occupies Thats-a-Wrap, which is worth a try, its is really good and can be made VEGAN.
 On another interesting note, there is a rumor circulating that the location that Thats-a-Wrap came from on 7th Street will be home to GREEN Vegetarian #2. My absolute favorite Vegetarian/Vegan restaurant. This is a rumor that I really, really hope comes true!

At any rate here are a few shots of our tasty tapas.










Lola Tapas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment