Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Local Breeze

If you had ever dined at Palette, you will understand my next few statements. There really is no way that one could not be disappointed. Disappointed to see them go. Disappointed that the "new place" is not Palette. What a place to live up to! Amazing food, French style decor, friendly staff, one of the best patio seating restaurants around, and the ultra cool couple that owned it commonly out chatting and laughing with guests.
So maybe I need to forget the past and look at this with a fresh, unspoiled view...... Okay, its not working. Don't get me wrong we enjoyed our food. It was a beautiful day to sit out on the patio. I believe it was the owner that was serving us. He wasn't the friendliest and I'm sure I am not alone when I say...that really turns me off. And the decor just isn't the same. Thankfully there are still a few remnants of Palette, like the very cool bathrooms, done by a local artist. Thus, the bathroom pictures I have included in my post.
 It has actually been a while since I have been there and I haven't been back. I would not be completely against it but it no longer has the same draw. But hey, go there. Enjoy. I have to say that the food was really good, eggs cooked just right in a creative and very tasteful dish.













Local Breeze on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment