Phoenix Food Culture

If you are like me, you love that things are looking up downtown. A few years ago I thought this city was lacking its own, much needed, culture. But evoloution is taking place and I am delighted to discover what amazing potential we knew we had! Visitors have told me we have a fun, unique food culture..little houses that have been re-done into a great little restaurants. WE LOVE YOU little restaurants!


Central Phoenix Food News Phoenix restaurants

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hanny's









The very thin, almost cracker-like crust, pizza with fresh arugula and prosciutto was delicious.

I love the Modern Retro decor in this place. The trip to the bathroom was sort of a funhouse-like adventure. I felt like I was in an old 007 movie, afraid I will enter the wrong door.
The music was a great mix of down tempo, which was coming from a live D.J. that occupied a little upstairs loft with a window. What a great building. There is definitley something to be said when restaurants take an old classic building and add a few modern updates. It just has so much character.





Hanny's on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Been reading your blog. Would like to meetup sometime! Email at ty@writetoup.com.

    - JuxtaPalate Food Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to avoid spicy food, you can try the sweet corn chicken soup which is equally tasty but less spicy. phoenix pizza restaurant

    ReplyDelete